End of Product Life Cycle
Products reach the end of their Product Life Cycle due to market demands, due to changes driven by technology innovation and development, or simply because the product becomes obsolete over time and is replaced by functionally richer technology. Below, we set out Netrounds’ end-of-life policy to help customers manage the end-of-life process for their products.
The end-of-life milestones are summarized in Tables 1 and 2. The numbered sections that follow elaborate on the information given in the table.
Table 1: End-of-Life milestones for hardware.
Table 2: End-of-Life milestones for software.
- The end-of-sale date is the date after which the product will no longer be delivered to customers.
- For hardware products Netrounds will, as a rule, announce the product’s end-of-sale date six months in advance. Such announcements will appear on the Netrounds portal, which is found at https://portal.netrounds.com.
- For software, no formal end-of-sale announcements are usually made. Rather, each software release automatically triggers end-of-sale for the previous release of the same software.
- To receive support through the end-of-life transition period, you need to ensure that you have a current and fully paid support contract with Netrounds. Follow these guidelines to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected products:
- For hardware or software that is not covered under a service contract, you may add the product(s) to a current contract until the end-of-sale date. However, regardless of when support is purchased, support will always be invoiced starting from a date no later than three months after the initial purchase of the product.
- Renewal of your service contract will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
- Software support will be as follows:
- For one year following the end-of-sale date, Netrounds will provide the following for the Netrounds product: bug fixes, maintenance releases, workarounds, and patches for critical bugs.
- After the first year it may be necessary to upgrade the software to a new release in order to correct a reported problem.
- Access to Netrounds’ Technical Assistance Center (TAC) will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a period of two years from the end-of-sale date, for both hardware and software issues.
- Spares or replacement parts for hardware will be available for a period of two years from the end-of-sale date. Netrounds will provide spares and replacement parts in accordance with the company’s Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
- In the case of leased hardware, Netrounds reserves the right to send replacement parts that are identical in functionality but may not be the same make and model.
- For products which consist of hardware bundled with software, the originally purchased software will be supported for one year according to section 5, while the hardware will be supported for two years according to section 7. Replacement of hardware will of course result in the software also being replaced; but note that (after one year has passed) the new software may be completely different.
- After two years have passed from the end-of-sale date, you need to contact Netrounds sales (email@example.com) in order to find out about the available options.