Netrounds is looking for a Team Leader, R&D
Job Description: Introduction
There has never been so much opportunity in technology as there is today. Opportunities are constantly presenting themselves to carve a niche for yourself within trends in emerging technologies, evolving with the industry, continuously learning, growing and finding new and inspiring projects to own and succeed in.
At Netrounds, we like to set ambitious goals and continuously strive to innovate and push ourselves further. In addition, our core values of Learning and Caring infuse everything we do. This is something that we are proud of, and we think that it not only says a lot about us but also a lot about who we are looking for.
So, are you looking to be part of an ambitious team and create a world-class solution to enable international growth? Are you hungry to learn and work in a close-knit team with other like-minded techies?
You will be based in Sweden, either at our headquarters located in the city center of Luleå or at our Stockholm office.
Your Team and Your Work
Your team will continuously push the boundaries of what is possible in terms of network measurements utilizing standard x86 hardware, standard network interface cards, and various virtualized environments. This requires research into new features, followed by their design and implementation, mainly using C and Python. A good understanding of the Linux kernel, and of how it can be configured and optimized in order to provide the best possible results, is needed to succeed in this enterprise.
As team leader of our test agent team, you will make a vital contribution to the success of the team and of Netrounds as a whole. You will deliver high-quality software that solves real customer problems. In addition, you will nurture and develop the company culture within the team, have lots of fun, and continuously learn in order to stay ahead of the competition.
This role requires 5+ years of experience as a software developer using Linux, C, and Python, and an additional 3+ years of proven results as a team leader or project manager.
Characteristics of the Ideal Applicant
We believe that the team leader of our test agent team has several of the following characteristics:
- A true team player – you care for your colleagues, as well as for our customers.
- Experienced with and/or challenged by working in a distributed and international environment, where good cross-cultural communication skills are one of the most important success factors. If you have experience leading cross-cultural teams, that is an added advantage.
- Ambitious and committed – you like challenging goals and thrive in an environment that is pervaded with a feeling of urgency.
- Structured and a good planner, with ample experience in creating and communicating realistic and achievable goals.
- Self-confident enough to communicate plainly with and give direct and clear feedback to team members as well as key stakeholders.
- Unable to stay away from coding – you love the art of crafting great designs and writing well-structured, high-quality code.
Required Education & Skills
- Master of Science in computer science, preferably with a major in software development or software design.
- Business English, spoken and written.
- Courses in project management and agile methodologies are an advantage.
At Netrounds, we use Git for version control, Jenkins for test automation, and Jira/Confluence for agile planning and documentation.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you! Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your strengths and aspirations.
If you have questions or would like additional details on the role, please contact the hiring manager below:
Head of Engineering & Co-founder
M: +46 70 666 27 33