Netrounds is looking for a: Server-side/Storage Expert
As a server-side/storage expert you will be a key resource for designing, implementing and deploying our next generation highly scalable and redundant server solution.
Server-side/Storage Expert Job Description
There has never been so much opportunity in technology as there is today (and tomorrow!). Opportunities to carve a niche for yourself within trends in emerging technologies whilst evolving within the industry, continually learning, growing and finding new and inspiring projects to own and succeed in are constantly presenting themselves.
At Netrounds, we like to set ambitious goals and continuously strive to innovate and push ourselves further. In addition, our core values of Learning and Caring shine through in all that we do. This is something that we are proud of and we think that it not only says a lot about us but also a lot about who we are looking for.
So, are you looking to be part of an ambitious team on the cutting edge of networking and cloud technology? Are you driven to create a thought-leading solution that solves real customer problems? Do you want to apply your expertise to enable international growth?
Most importantly, are you hungry to learn and work in a close-knit team with other likeminded techies?
Then we need YOU!
We are on the lookout for a Server-side/Storage Expert that can take a leading role in designing, implementing and deploying our next generation highly scalable and redundant server solution.
You will be based at our office in the city center of Luleå or at our Stockholm office.
What will you accomplish?
- Investigate, design, and implement parts of the server backend.
- Configure the storage solution for optimal performance for our current and future use-cases.
- Make sure data is stored in a way so that queries for dashboards and real-time as well as batch analysis are fast.
- Make sure the server is easy to deploy, scale and maintain.
Skills & Experience Requirements
High skill level in the following areas are required:
- Server design that scales, high availability clustering, continuous operations (upgrades without downtime), internal message bus architectures
- Design and implementation of efficient and scalable queries of time-series data in real-time
Experience with the following is a bonus:
- Automated deployment of server infrastructure using automation tools such as Ansible, docker-swarm/docker-compose and/or Kubernetes.
- Amazon Web Services
We use GIT for version control, Jenkins for test automation, and Jira/Confluence for Agile planning and documentation.
- Master of Science in computer science, preferably a major in software development or software design. This role requires 5+ years of relevant experience. Business English required (written and oral).
Location: Luleå or Stocholm, Sweden
Type of Employment: Full-time
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you! Please send us an application to email@example.com and let us know your strengths and aspirations.
If you have any questions or would like additional details on the role, please contact the hiring manager below:
Head of Engineering & Co-founder