Can you build positive and productive working relationships with customers?
Do you have experience in delivering software bundled with off-the-shelf servers and professional services to global communication service providers and large enterprises?
Network Engineer – Job Description
There has never been so much opportunity in technology as there is today. Opportunities are constantly presenting themselves to carve a niche for yourself within trends in emerging technologies whilst evolving within the industry, continually learning, growing and finding new and inspiring projects to own and succeed in.
At Netrounds we like to set ambitious goals and continuously strive to innovate and push ourselves further. In addition, our core values of Learning and Caring shine through in all that we do. This is something that we are proud of, and we think that it not only says a lot about us, but also a lot about who we are looking for.
So, are you looking to be part of an ambitious team on the cutting edge of networking and cloud technology? Most importantly, are you hungry to learn and work in a close-knit team with other like-minded and tech-focused professionals?
Then we need you.
We are on the lookout for an ambitious Network Engineer who will work closely with our customers and partners throughout the world. You will be based in Luleå or Wrocław, or working from a home office in Europe. If you are located close to either Luleå or Wrocław, that is an advantage.
What will you accomplish?
You will be responsible for technical support of Netrounds products and services. This role includes tasks such as:
- Technical support – Pick up Zendesk support tickets and resolve them to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Bug reproduction & reporting – Reproduce bugs in a lab environment and report them to R&D as Jira bug tickets. Confirm bug fixes in the lab and/or with the affected customer.
- Product training, remote and on-site.
- Help set up PoCs and solve problems with them. Travel to location may be required.
The role includes frequent interaction with customers and partners, taking ownership of customer issues, and seeing incidents and problems through to resolution by handling customer/partner dialogue as well as researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to incidents and problems.
You are expected to:
- Work with engineering teams by reporting bugs and verifying their resolution
- Build positive and productive working relationships with customers for business growth
- Serve as primary contact for customer inquiries and concerns
- Analyze and troubleshoot product issues in a timely fashion and meet customer expectations
- Work with the sales team to increase sales and delivery quality of our professional services (training, deployments and consultancy adjacent to our product)
- Work with our technology partners to ensure quality support for our product’s third-party integrations.
- Travel (up to 25%).
You love interacting with people and are able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and inquiries with high quality. You are known for your excellent drive and persistence. You are result-oriented and have a structured and analytical approach to handling customer demands and challenges. You have the ability to work under pressure, communicating effectively and translating customer and partner issues and requirements into engineering.
This role requires a strong combination of social skills as well as an ability to understand Netrounds’ portfolio and the network operations environment. You will need skills to be able to talk to technical counterparts at customers and partners.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with an equipment vendor, Internet service provider (preferably in a Network Operation Center) or enterprise IT department.
- Fluent, comprehensive command of the English language in both speech and writing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Concentrated focus on assuring customer satisfaction.
- Strong understanding of the challenges and goals of service providers and large enterprises from an operational viewpoint.
- Extensive networking knowledge.
- Linux working experience and fluency in Bash.
- Familiarity with type-1 hypervisors as well as containers (for example, Docker).
The following skills and experience are highly valuable:
- Knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure Managers for virtual machines (such as OpenStack) and containers (such as Kubernetes).
- Basic scripting/programming knowledge. Python and C preferred.
In addition, the following skills are welcome – but not required:
- Experience with Wi-Fi protocols based on standards (e.g., IEEE 802.11)
- Theoretical or practical experience of modern networking technologies (e.g., SD-WAN, SDN, NFV)
- Theoretical or practical experience of provisioning and troubleshooting triple-play services.
- Experience working with one or more public cloud compute platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP or Azure).
- University degree, preferably B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or Telecommunications.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you! Please send us an application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your strengths and aspirations.
If you have any questions or would like additional details on the role, please contact the hiring manager below: